Whoopi Goldberg has won the Oscar, the Tony, the Emmy, the Grammy, the Mark Twain Award for humor, and has been named a Living Landmark in New York City where she lives. Not long ago, she joined Barbara Walter’s ABC-TV show “The View,” bringing it instant controversy and a touch of sanity. She is, in the wowOwow view, the greatest host ever to wow them at the Academy Awards. She is a unique acting and writing talent with a highly developed social conscience. She has a daughter, three grandchildren, many ex-husbands scattered around the world and a clutch of famous beaus.
My Favorite Things:
- Kindle: Amazon’s New Wireless Reading Device
- Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
- Flexees Shapewear — slimming body suit that you wear under your clothing
- Coconut Tea from the Chocolate Bar in New York City
- Korres Gum (Korres, 111 Wooster St New York, NY 10021 — 212 219-0683)
- Birthday Box and Diaper Cakes from bloomersbaby.com
- Wii’s Dance Dance Revolution
- Your right to disagree
What Wows Me:
Dead to Me:
- I don’t even remember who they are
I Don’t Care What They Say:
- — as long as it’s constructive.
- Melissa Plastic Dreams
- John Fluevog lace-up boots
- Rocketbuster boots
- Ed Hardy Sneakers
- Christian Audigier
- Stubbs and Wootton, Palm Beach, needlepoint flats
- A good strong hand fan
- Wedgwood ‘Fairyland’ Luster — only made between 1918 and 1921 — by Daisy Makeig-Jones
- Maxfield Parrish
- First edition books
- Beautiful jewelry
- Roseville Pottery
- Great eyeglasses
I Love(d) Reading:
- Everything. My joy in books is boundless. I’m a collector.
I Love(d) Listening To:
- Peter O’Toole speaking
- Marlon Brando playing the piano for me (but YouTube only shows him playing the bongo drums)
I Love(d) Watching:
- Turner Classic Movies. All the time.
- “La Belle et la Bête”
- “A Face in the Crowd“
- “The Omega Man“
- “Soylent Green“
- “Planet of the Apes“
I Wish I Lived In:
- A perfect world where everybody was equal and everybody could afford what they wanted and needed.
- A townhouse.
I am Miserly About:
I Want to Own:
- Beautiful stuff like great writing utensils. My favorites are from Loiminchay (they make beautiful pens, carved from jade and ivory) and a website called Nibs.com.
The First Thing I Do in the Morning Is:
- First, I get really excited that I woke up. You never know, you know.
- Then I pee.
I’m Addicted To:
- The Gem Shopping Network
- Lazaro jewelry
- Any type of Scratch Lottery Tickets—if I won? I’d pick ten schools in the New York/New Jersey area where they have no gyms, and buy them each a Dance Dance Revolution machine. If you had two machines you’d get the first graders against each other, and the second graders against the fifth graders, and get them all thin again. I’d get them the new Wii that you do the hula with. And then I’d get myself a townhouse. And the rest of the money I’d put to work for us wherever we need it.